Pancake Day (28 February 2017) often makes you think of a sweet treat, but why not mix it up this Shrove Tuesday by making savoury pancakes. Below, the chefs at Royal China reveal their exclusive recipe for the most authentic and delicious Peking Duck Pancakes.
+ Duck Breasts
+3 Shallots – sliced
+3 Spring Onion
+1 Clove Garlic
+1 Tsp Maltose Sugar
+2 Tbsp Vinegar
+3 Tbsp Oil
+ Salt to taste
- Fry the shallots, spring onion and garlic in a pan and heavily salt
- Marinate the duck breasts with the fried ingredients
- Mix the maltose sugar with vinegar and hot water, and pour on the skin
- Place the duck into a barbeque cooker until cooked
- Baste the skin of the duck with hot oil until it is golden brown and crispy
For the Pancakes:
Slice the duck breast into slender strips, and place meat in a pancake with sliced spring onion, cucumbers and a dollop of plum sauce. Wrap and enjoy!
The Royal China Group consists of six of London’s most authentic and prestigious Chinese restaurants, including the luxurious and critically-acclaimed Royal China Club. Based in prime areas of London, the restaurants are centrally located on Baker Street, as well as in Bayswater, Fulham, Harrow-on-the-Hill and Canary Wharf.